Sunday, February 12, 2012

I said I was going to do this 3 years ago... plus fabulous DIY crib rail guard

Today's the day. I'm finally starting a blog. Me and every other mother out there, right? But who cares who else is doing it. As a working mom with two kids, 1 bio/1 adopted, I feel like I have tons to share about mothering and working/working and mothering -- the ups and downs, the daily discoveries -- some big, some small, some silly, some not. And I'm also interested in hearing about how other women are doing it. So feel free to comment and share your insights, coping strategies, happy times, whatever. I'm in it for the long haul.


To inaugurate my blog I thought I'd share my latest invention created especially for our 9 1/2 month old daughter who has just cut her 6th tooth. She has two uppers, two lowers and now two canines. It's a lot of teeth and more than I remember our son having at the same age. She's also standing, which means when she wakes up she doesn't just sit in her crib crying to be rescued -- she stands up and gnaws on the rail, howling for us to get her. Today I found her with bits of white paint on her cheeks and lips. Horror of horrors. First, I googled crib rail chew guards. I found plenty, but if I ordered online the shipping would take at least two days. Next, I called every kid store in the area. No one had anything in stock. That's when I came up with the brilliant idea to twist some sheets in between the rails. VoilĂ , the perfect crib rail guard. The great thing is that anyone can make one in no time and even better it's free! Do you have any DIY tips? I'd love to hear them.


No comments:

Post a Comment