Sunday, October 7, 2012

Time Out For Thanks

These days are a blur. Between work. Kids. Work. Sleep. Eating. Kids. Work. Scooping litter. Sorting recycling. Watering the garden. Work. Kids. Kids. Husband...

Ah, the husband. The last on the list.

Not fair I know, but as the other adult in my life I assume he'll understand. He knows the hectic schedule I'm keeping these days. And as anyone who works in the entertainment industry (in any capacity) knows, once you hit production it's non-stop adrenaline pumping make your deadines no matter what.

It's fun. It's exciting. I love it.

But when you're in the thick of production it rarely leaves little time for anything else...

This is difficult to explain to a just beginning to understand language 18-month old. Somewhat more possible to explain to an 8 going on 9-year old - and extremely possible to explain to the man who is my soulmate.

The person who understands everything about me and has for 20 years.

I know it's unfair he gets shifted to last on my priority list.

He doesn't deserve it.

In fact, he's in the kitchen now making a gourmet dinner at my request.

Not much of a post I know.

I just felt compelled to say thanks to the dear man who is the glue that holds our family together.

And now back to downloading scripts into iannotate on my iPad - so I can travel paperless on my trip to cover production on set in Vancouver tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment